dinsdag 23 maart 2010

dreaming of babette

Toen ik aan het einde van de zomer een poosje ziek thuis was met een longontsteking, ontdekte ik Babette op internet. Wow, zij is mooi, besloot ik.
Maar pfff, wat een werk en wat ingewikkeld, dacht ik ook. Ik besloot het patroon aan te schaffen en daar bleef het bij.


Last summer, end of August, I couldn't work for a few days because of a pneumonia. I wandered around on the internet and discovered Babette. Wow, she is pretty, I decided.
But pfff, lot's of work and difficult also, I guessed. I bought the pattern and that was it for a while.



Babette bleef echter rondspoken in mijn hoofd. En een poosje geleden ben ik het patroon gaan uitpluizen.
Hee, zo ingewikkeld is het niet. Veel werk, dat wel, zo'n 130 kleine en grote vierkanten. Maar het vierkant zelf is vrij eenvoudig. En al die kleuren ...


Babette didn't leave my mind though. A few weeks ago I started reading the pattern.
Hey, it isn't that difficult. Lot's of work with about 130 squares. The square itself is quite easy. Using all kinds of colors is so inspiring ...



Dus ik besloot er gewoon aan te beginnen. Kleurcombinaties uitgepuzzeld en een aantal kleuren besteld.
Nog niet alles, want ik ben ook nog bezig met een babydekentje (waar ik toen nog niet eens mee gestart was) en een deken voor de dame met de viool ...


So I decided to just start with Babette. I decided on the different colors and combo's and ordered some yarn.
I'm busy with a few other projects also, like the babyblanket and blanket for the lady with the violin ...



En zo af en toe maak ik dan eens een blokje. Het vordert langzaam. Maar uiteindelijk wordt het een mooie babette!


And once in a while I crochet
one or a few squares. Not too many. But eventually, it'll be a nice colorful babette!




(source first 2 pictures: Ravelry.com)

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Dit gaat heel mooi worden, zeker weten.
    Heel veel succes met al je vierkanten!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi!
    Yes, the babette blanket is really lovely. It is on my want-to-do list as well. If I only had more hours a day...

    Have a nice day!
    MiA

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen